Your Defense Isn't Finished

Washington, D.C. Criminal Appeals Attorney

Call (202) 759-7929 to Build a Defense Now!

If you believe that your case suffered from judicial mistakes, then you have the option to appeal the case to the D.C. Court of Appeals. When you file an appeal, you are asking a higher court to review the decisions of a lower court and to reconsider the ruling. The appeals process can be long and arduous, sometimes taking years to conclude. Working with a Washington, D.C. criminal appeals lawyer at our firm can help you maximize your results.

Appeals can be filed if:

  • There was an error made by a lower court
  • The conviction was based on flawed evidence
  • There was prosecutorial misconduct
  • There was juror misconduct
  • You received ineffective assistance of counsel
  • There were errors in sentencing

See if your case qualifies for an appeal. Request a consultation today!

The Appeals Process

Criminal appeals are time-sensitive. After a conviction, you only have 30 days to file a Notice of Appeal with the Court. Your attorney will then need to request the transcripts of the proceeding and prepare a briefing that explains the mistakes made during your trial. You will receive a response from the government and have the chance to reply to that response. In some cases, your attorney may have the opportunity to present your appeals case in an oral argument in front of the Court of Appeals. A decision will then be reached.

We Focus on Results

Our Washington, D.C. defense attorneys are ready to fight for our clients even after a trial. Our team understands that justice is not effectively carried out in every case. We strongly believe in the values and integrity of our justice system, and we are ready to work hard to bring your case the justice it needs. As dedicated advocates, it is up to us to stand up for those in need of justice.

Want to File an Appeal? Talk to Us in a Consultation

If you are interested filing an appeal, don't hesitate to contact our appellate lawyers to see if and how you can do so. We can explain to you your rights and provide our assessments of your case. You can expect only the most honest and straightforward advice from us.

Give us a call at (202) 759-7929.

Effective, Honest

Legal Representation

Request your consultation today!

Get In Contact